Together We Stand. Strong.
Matt is the head coach at Una Stamus Fitness and CrossFit Una Stamus, and has spent a tremendous amount of time connecting with people and leading change as a teacher, trainer, crisis manager, executive, father, and husband. He has a passion for helping others, and has applied his own personal and professional experience to helping others become more functionally fit and lead healthier lives.
Certified CrossFit Trainer and Health Coach
His background includes:
- A teaching career that began nearly 25 years ago as a martial arts instructor, and continued in a variety of settings after earning his black belt in Tae Kwon Do and brown belt in Ryukyu Kempo;
- CrossFit Level 1 trainer certificate, and personal training experience with a number of athletes at different levels of fitness;
- Certification as a law enforcement Firearms and Use of Force instructor, and experience as a FBI-trained hostage negotiator;
- Extensive experience as a faculty member in psychology, criminal justice, and police tactics at the post-secondary education level;
- 10+ years in executive leadership positions, building teams and leading change for individuals and organizations;
- A master’s degree in Counseling & Psychological Services from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota, including coursework in sports performance and a 700-hour clinical practicum at the Mayo Medical Center that included work with patients considering weight-loss bariatric surgery, and patients involved with group counseling for life skills to lose weight.
- A doctoral program in psychology that includes the study of motivation, challenges, and successes in fitness programs;
- Developing and leading the first and only private college police academy training program in the history of Minnesota police training;
- Multiple speaking and coaching engagements on the topics of motivation, change management, leadership, and crisis response for a number of audiences, from business and education to law enforcement.
You can reach Matt directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk more about how he and the Una Stamus Fitness community can help you crush your goals.
Crossfit Una Stamus Testimonials
Okay, so I am SUPER excited and I needed to share!! I am down inches!!!!! I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!! Have I said thank you yet?!?! 😊— A.C., Maple Grove
“You helped me get a shape! And it’s not ’round’! Thank you!”— T.M., Elk River
“[Coach] Matthew is amazing! Loving my workouts that are tailored to me and he keeps pushing me daily!”— J.S., Ramsey
You’re ready. And so are we.
13469 Business Center Dr NW
Elk River, Minnesota 55330
Monday 5:00 am—8:30 pm
Tuesday 5:00 am—8:30 pm
Wednesday 5:00 am—8:30 pm
Thursday 5:00 am—8:30 pm
Friday 5:00 am—8:30 pm
Saturday 8:00 am—10:30 am